Tuesday, August 26, 2008

a little retreat to the Indian Ocean

Hey ya'll,
This past weekend I was able to attend a prayer retreat near Durban, South Africa. It was a very refreshing time of prayer (obviously), worship, and fellowship with other missionaries in our cluster. It was awesome to see the years of service that many of these families have dedicated to spreading the good news of Jesus Christ and the miracles of changed lives that they have witnessed. During our free time , I was able to visit the Indian Ocean for the very first time. I walked in the ocean (a little to chilly to get in) and picked up some sea shells (although it took about an hour of looking just to find like 10 shells...there weren't that many where we were). I also ate at a restaurant called Durban Delights; an authentic Indian Restaurant....the food was a bit to spicy for me, but it was good. Although it was a good weekend, I was definitely ready to be back home in Jo'burg....where my heart is.

1 comment:

Tank said...

glad to hear you had a great retreat. good talking to you the other day. i am also so glad that things are going great in joburg. can't wait to hang out in Zambia!