Thursday, May 27, 2010

God was at my bank this morning!!

You know when you are going about "your" day and God decides to step in and completely MAKE your whole day!? Well, that was this morning at, of all places- the bank. I had walked in expecting to spend 2 minutes with the teller, when God redirected me to the Customer Service Lady for an hour! During the "bankish" talk, South Africa came up when she saw International Fees on my account, one thing led to another and I was sharing with her about my time in South Africa. Tears began to well up in her eyes as she began to tell me about her 18 year old daughter who is going down a very dangerous path because of anger from events in her childhood. I could hear a voice in my heart telling me to open up to her about my own past and issues that I had faced. She then began telling me even more, right there in the middle of the bank tears in her eyes about her own past. I was able to tell her that God had changed my life and was in the process of healing me, and that I had witnessed many youth experience God's restoration and that there was hope for her daughter too! What is even more crazy is that as she looked down to close my account on her computer she sees my address; we live in the same neighborhood! How funny is God!! Please be praying for "the bank lady and her daughter" and for God to open doors as she gave me her card and has asked that I call her to talk more. Please also be praying as her and her daughter look for treatment centers for her daughter. WARNING: Your next trip to the bank could take an hour and could have eternal results! Let's not get too busy in our own lives to hear the voice of the Holy Spirit.

No comments: